Using the Firebird Data Layer
Firebird sql server 2.0.1 or higher
Create your database using FlameRobin or some other tool of your choice. I suggest UTF8 for the charset to use when you create the db.
Create a database and a user with full permission to the database. Enter the connection string in the web.config then navigate to yoursiteroot/Setup/Default.aspx
Setting the Firebird connection string
Quick description of each setting:
- Data Source
- This is the name or ip address of the machine on which the Firebird server is running (e.g. localhost).
- Server Type
- The server type should be set to 0 when connecting to a Firebird server and 1 when using the embedded firebird server.
- Port Number
- The port number which the Firebird server listens on, default = 3050.
- The database alias or the full path to the database file on the server.
- The database sql dialect, should be set to 3.
- The database characterset. This must match the charset specified when you created the db
- Allow connection pooling, increases server response time.
- Min Pool Size
- The minimum number of database connections to keep open.
- Max Pool Size
- The maximum number of connections open at one time.
- Connection Timeout
- When a connection is requested, if it is not made in this number of seconds an exception is thrown.
- Connection Lifetime
- When a connection is closed, it goes back into the connection pool. This is the number of seconds to keep the connection open once it is back in the pool.
- Fetch Size
- The number of rows to fetch from the database in one go.
- User Id
- The user name used to connect to the database, must ve a valid fFirebird user.